Crown Computing is the UK’s leading supplier of Workforce Management solutions to medium-to-large organisations in both private and public sectors.
Our experience in Time & Attendance, Scheduling & Rostering and the broader aspects of Workforce Management is exceptional and this is reflected in our client base, which includes major organisations such as BAE Systems, Ford of Britain, Royal Mail, Carillion, Aston Martin, Interserve, Unilever, Greater Manchester Police, ITN and many Local Authorities.
Our mission is to provide our customers with the very best systems to optimise the investment they make in their workforce. With our help, customers will identify areas where improvements are required and where costs can be saved resulting in improved service levels, reduced labour costs and success in the market place.
The company was formed in 1987 to develop and market application solutions on IBM mainframe and AS/400 platforms. By the early 90’s we had achieved clear market leadership with Attendance Recording and Time Management systems, primarily in Manufacturing and Distribution sectors.
In the mid 1990’s the company extended its technical base to embrace advanced Client / Server architectures and this lead to the development of the Crown Workforce Management Suite, a new generation of application solutions that utilise desktop computing and data communications to the full. This has enabled the company to maintain growth and profitability by addressing new opportunities in the Finance, Service and Public Sectors.
The company has continued to grow its customer base to well over 300 major organisations spanning all industries across the United Kingdom. Investment in Customer Support and Research & Development has grown similarly to keep pace with technology and market demands.
Our commitment to research and development has seen the development of additional products to satisfy market demands. Crown Workforce Management Suite is a complete employee management portfolio, designed to suit the demands of organisations.
More about us
We are a privately owned UK company based in Tamworth Staffordshire and we have been providing market-leading Workforce Management solutions to Organisations of all types and sizes in both the Public and Private sectors since 1987.
Our mission is to provide our customers with the very best Workforce Management systems to optimise the investment they make in their people. With our help, customers will identify areas where improvements are required resulting in reduced staff costs, greater efficiency, better productivity and improved customer service levels.
We have a passion for our business, and our commitment to this is evidenced by the development of additional products that are designed to enhance our overall solution. On-going and consistent investment in Customer Support and Research & Development has grown similarly to keep pace with ever changing technology and market demand, enabling us to deliver the very latest leading-edge Workforce Management solutions to our customers.
What our clients say about us
- The key to an efficient and effective operation is the management of staff – and Crown’s system now allows us to do that. We wanted managers to manage, and have their initiatives supported by easily accessible information, and a flexible application. Crown's Workforce Management Suite facilitated that. It provides for resource planning, real time monitoring, and management information.Neil DaviesProgramme Manager, Carillion
- Following the successful implementation of Crown's Workforce Management Suite we have currently engaged Crown on another project, the installation of additional software to improve our productivity further.Stephen CookWilkin & Sons - HR Manager
- Getting Crown's Workforce Management Suite up and running was pretty straightforward and lots of the feedback we’ve had from our managers is that they really like the user-friendliness of it.Lorraine MillburnHR Advisor, Grundon
- The new system proved a remarkable success. Employees became more self-reliant when clocking time, booking holidays, or querying the system - saving considerable administration. The number of unqualified hours quickly fell to negligible levels. We now have three central administrators to manage 9,000 people's time and attendance at our main sites at Warton and Samlesbury.Diane EllerayOperational Manager, BAE Systems
- We’re currently utilising the business process management module, which we use for a return-to-work process. Previously that had been a seven-step process, but Crown's Workforce Management Suite enabled us to reduce it to just one and that greatly helps the various managers administer absence and the health and safety aspects of men returning to work.Peter Bryson-MeehanPayroll Manager, Princess Yachts International Plc
- There are definite improvements through freeing up of staff time and the quality of service to the HR department and all Merseytravel staff. It’s been a good experience and, subject to how Merseytravel moves forward, hopefully it will last for a good few years to come.Alastair RamsayPrincipal Personnel Officer, Merseytravel